57% increase in site visits & Improved click-through rate from 1.25% to 8.07%
CASE STUDY - KUMON
increase in contact form
increase in calls;
Reduction in cost per
Kumon is the largest provider of after-school education globally.
Kumon had previously engaged a large global agency to develop and execute a digital marketing strategy, but were experiencing the following issues:
- No flexibility in the agency’s service: there was no effort made to test, learn and improve the strategy;
- There was no transparency regarding the high management fee—they weren’t sure what they were getting for the investment;
- The key metrics looked good on paper, but they weren’t translating into sales;
- They were continually shunted to new account managers and had to ‘start again’ to convey their business goals and objectives each time;
- They weren’t able to access their Google Adwords account (a sure sign of the agency applying a hidden markup on top of existing management fees).
Kumon needed a trusted digital marketing partner that could deliver meaningful and measurable results (improved lead quantity and lower cost-per-lead). They also wanted a more responsive and deeper relationship. Feeling valued wouldn’t hurt.
“Higher Ranking have managed our online campaigns for the past six months and have been a wonderful company to work with. They have provided hands-on, personalised advice and guidance, and have adapted their support to suit our changing needs. We especially appreciate their attention to detail and friendly support—it has been a pleasure to work with them.”
KUMON AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
Enter Higher Ranking
After meeting with Kumon to better understand their situation, objectives, and frustrations with their previous agency, we recommended rebuilding their existing Google Adwords campaign (now Google Ads) to quickly increase the number of leads per dollar spent.
Rebuild Google Adwords campaign to increase the number of leads per dollar spent
1. Rebuild Google Adwords Campaign
Activities undertaken to improve Kumon’s Google Adwords campaign performance:
Changed bids from ‘broad’ match to ‘modified’ and ‘exact’ match.
Implemented Geotargeting (where ads only appear to customers in specific locations) in order to attract students based on franchisee numbers.
Set up full conversion tracking to accurately report on campaign success, and highlight areas for improvement.
Optimised the campaign as required to improve the conversion rate.
Refined traffic coming through to the website to ensure only high-quality leads were being generated (to reduce unnecessary keyword spending).
Setup Google Display Network (GDN) site remarketing display ads.
- 57% increase in site visits;
- Improved click-through rate from 1.25% to 8.07% – meaning more consumers clicked on Kumon’s ads. More visitors = more leads;
- 304% increase in contact form submissions;
- 97% increase in calls;
- 67% reduction in cost per lead – by improving the calibre of leads, we not only reduced digital marketing costs for the client, but also reduced time-wasters which improved the efficiency of their marketing and sales functions.
Kumon’s Previous Global Digital Agency
“ Higher Ranking have managed our online campaigns for the past six months and have been a wonderful company to work with. They have provided hands-on, personalised advice and guidance, and have adapted their support to suit our changing needs. We especially appreciate their attention to detail and friendly support—it has been a pleasure to work with them.”